- 16- year-old environment activist Greta Thunberg has shown up in America after a two-week, zero-emission journey by boat.
- The activist tweeted out a photo of herself showing up in New York harbor on Wednesday early morning.
- The image reveals the private yacht Thunberg was traveling on, Malizia II, sailing up the Hudson River as it passed by the Statue of Liberty.
- Users on social networks fasted to mention the meaning of the photo and the connection in between Thunberg’s climate activism and the renowned statue.
- Go to Service Expert’s homepage for more stories
16- year-old climate activist Greta Thunberg has actually amassed comparisons to Girl Liberty on social networks after she shared an image of herself showing up in New York harbor on Wednesday morning after a two-week, zero-emission journey throughout the Atlantic on a boat.
The young activist got here in the US to start a months-long climate action tour of North and South America, in which she will attend the United Nations climate summits in New York and Santiago, Chile.
On Wednesday, she got here in the US on a 60- foot, carbon-neutral racing luxury yacht called Malizia II.
She shared news of her arrival on Twitter, tweeting out an image of: “The lights of Long Island and New York City.”
The teen also shared a picture of herself cruising up the Hudson River as the boat passed by the Statue of Liberty, long recognized as a sign of freedom and social justice to immigrants showing up in America.
Social network users began comparing Thunberg to the renowned statue and noted the powerful significance of Thunberg’s climate activism.
“Excellent picture. 2 females who are sign for freedom,” user Jan Snawaert talked about Twitter
“It’s an ideal photograph with the Statue of Liberty in the background, due to the fact that you and supporters all over the world have actually been taking the liberty to defend the future of mankind. Extremely iconic moment recorded,” user Jeffrey S Rafuse wrote
“Time to construct a Greta statue for Climate outside the Swedish Parliament in Stockholm,” stated another user
Thunberg increased to popularity in her native Sweden after she carried out a “climate strike” outside the nation’s parliament in August2018
She has actually given that become a popular voice within the environment activism neighborhood, and has actually promoted the growing anti-air travel movement in Europe, called “ Flygskam,” or “flight pity.”
She says she stopped flying in2015