This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Voyages isn’t your average cruise line. It says it is designed for people who say they hate cruises, with ships that will feature luxurious rockstar suites and an onboard tattoo parlor. Plus it will allow no kids on board and feature unique destinations including Virgin’s own island. Now, add something else that sounds unusual on a cruise ship, or anywhere for that matter: the company says it will introduce the possibility for passengers to order Champagne with just a shake of their phone.
With the “Shake for Champagne” service, passengers can be anywhere on the ship and shake their phone in order to get Champagne delivery on demand.
The Champagne in question will be a 750ml bottle of Möet Chandon Impérial, served in a red bucket — red being one of the Virgin institutional colors. Each “Shake for Champagne” delivery will cost $95 per bottle. You’ll also be able to get Champagne in a more traditional way, at the dedicated on-ship Champagne and caviar bar, called Sip (shown in the featured image in this story.)
Through Nov. 30, if you book an April or May 2020 sailing with Virgin Voyages, you’ll receive a complimentary bottle of Möet Chandon Impérial in your cabin upon arrival.
Virgin Voyages is set to set sail in 2020, with its first journey from Miami to the Caribbean. Scarlet Lady, the cruise line’s first ship, is one of four on order.
Featured photo courtesy of Virgin Voyages.
Sign up for our daily newsletter
is The Points Guy’s Global News Editor and is based in London.
You might like
The Platinum Card® from American Express
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG’S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
More Things to Know
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
Intro APR on Purchases
Balance Transfer Fee
Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Many of the credit card offers that appear on the website are from credit card companies from which ThePointsGuy.com receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. Please view our advertising policy page for more information.
Editorial Note: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.