- Norwegian authorities are working to call guests who traveled on two Arctic cruises after dozens of people– mostly staff– have actually tested favorable.
- A minimum of 36 staff members have checked positive, according to a Reuters report, in addition to at least four travelers from the 2 different trips.
- Officials said “messages have been sent out to all the travelers,” though they’re attempting to “confirm that the information has been gotten and understood.”
- In June, Hurtigruten, the Norway-based luxury cruise liner, became the first to start sailings amidst the coronavirus pandemic after it stopped briefly sailings for 3 months, according to the report.
- The cruise industry has actually taken a considerable monetary hit throughout the pandemic and has actually been mainly placed on time out after outbreaks on ships early on during the pandemic.
- See Company Expert’s homepage for more stories
Norweigan authorities are rushing to call passengers from a high-end cruise liner after dozens of guests and team members have tested favorable for the coronavirus as part of two Arctic cruisings aboard a Hurtigruten cruise line ship, Reuters reported.
According to the report, the Norway-based Hurtigruten cruise line in June became the first cruise line to started sailing again amid the coronavirus pandemic following a three-month time out. On July 31, four team members on the MS Roald Amundsen were hospitalized when the ship docked at the port of Tromsoe in Norway, according to the report.
Later tests discovered that at least 36 of the 158 team members on board had actually contracted the virus, consisting of the 4 who needed hospitalization. 4 passengers in between the 2 July sailings– the first of which set sail on July 17– have also tested favorable for the coronavirus, authorities said. In total, there were 387 passengers in between the two cruises, according to the report.
” Messages have actually been sent to all the guests,” a representative for the Norwegian Institute of Public Health said, according to Reuters. “We’re now looking for to validate that the info has actually been received and comprehended.”
The travelling industry has been one of the hardest-hit markets by the coronavirus pandemic. In the US, the Centers for Illness Control and Avoidance has actually prohibited cruisings from United States ports through at least September, which sent out cruise market stocks further downward.
In February, passengers on the Diamond Princess cruise ship were quarantined after 10 guests had actually evaluated favorable for the novel coronavirus.
Hurtigruten operates the MS Roald Amundsen and 15 other ships, according to Reuters.